Virtual Office Hours Contributers
- Craig A. Merlic
- Professor Merlic provided the initial ideas and momentum to begin the VOH
project. He is the project director, and through his efforts the project has
received support from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, the UCLA
Office of Instructional Development, Apple Computer and the Camille and Henry
Dreyfus Foundation. In addition to his advocacy of the project, Professor
Merlic has provided input and direction to the development of the structure,
function and appearance of the project's files and scripts.
Very Important People
- Max Kopelevich **
- Dr. Kopelevich is the Director of Computer and Network Operations for the
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. Without Dr. Kopelevich's early enthusiasm
and support of the WWW in the Department, the VOH project would have been
impossible. He provided the project with the necessary computer facilities
and software tools. He also donated time, experience and several good books,
which aided immeasurably in the development process.
The VOH Project has received support from several sources that have
provided us with computer resources and capital. These include:
UCLA Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Provided time and space on a Sun SparcStation 10 and access to the
UCLA Office of Instructional Development
- Provided funding for the project and a Hewlett Packard 4C flatbed scanner.
- Apple Computer
- Generously provided two Macintosh 6100/66's and a 7250 Internet Server
for use for the project.
- The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
Provided a grant to develop new capabilities and to create a VOH site
at Santa Monica College.
Please address bug reports and technical questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last revision: October 6, 1996